Saturday, March 3, 2012

Getting Ready for Maoming


June 13, 2011

Dear Lucy Hope,

Today, I sent my passport to the Chinese consulate in Chicago to get a Visa – permission to come to China. I’m very excited about meeting the kids at the orphanage in Maoming. I hope that in some small way, I can make them happy at least for a day. We plan to take several of them to a park in Maoming. I’m going to try to bring some Upward basketballs and soccer balls for the kids. Maybe we can strike up a game in the park. I don't know what to expect on this trip, what God has planned. But, I am very thankful that I get to go. If nothing else, it will help me to understand the circumstances of the fatherless and help me be better prepared for meeting you one day. Lifeline has a responsibility to help the children at Maoming get adopted, so it is possible that you are there since they are our agency. Our Dossier has not been finalized or sent to China yet, so it's not likely that I'll meet you in Maoming. But, ...

Love,
Jerry, Connie, Austin, Lily Grace, Lia Faith, and Lucy Hope
Green, Party of Six

No comments:

Post a Comment