Saturday, March 3, 2012

Leaving for Maoming


July 17, 2011

Dear Lucy Hope,

Today, I left Alabama to come to China on a mission to help Lifeline Children’s Services find homes for several children in China who are in need of loving families. The children live in Maoming, China. On this trip, there are doctors and developmental specialists who will look over each of the children to find out if we need to provide any further care for them. Of course, I know the care that’s really needed is the love of Jesus Christ. 

I cannot wait to get to China. My role will be to take pictures of the kids and of the medical team as they do their work. What an honor! I hope I don’t mess it up. Lifeline asked me if I would be willing to take pictures and I said I would. In fact, whatever job they had I would take it just to get to go and see firsthand what the lives of God’s most precious children are like. Maybe after I get back, I will have a little bit better understanding of how difficult it must be and I will be able to be a better father to you.

Love,
Jerry, Connie, Austin, Lily Grace, Lia Faith, and Lucy Hope
Green, Party of Six

No comments:

Post a Comment